This post is for the guilty online shoppers from the Philippines!
For those of you who have been wanting to buy online items that have limited shipping to the United States, shipping cart might be the solution for you.
For those of you who do not know what shipping cart is, based on their website:
The Shipping Cart through a web application provides customers with a convenient means to ship goods purchased from U.S. online stores to their selected addresses in the Philippines by providing a free U.S. address and an intuitive interface that enables them to simply consolidate, pay for shipping, and ship their goods with utmost transparency and ease.
As a service, the Shipping Cart delivers goods that have been shipped from the U.S. directly to customers’ addresses.
Their website link is: http://www.shippingcart.com/
With this, there are two methods of shipping you could choose: air cargo, or sea cargo.
I have used both methods, and had zero conflict with any of the mentioned cargo methods.
► If you are NOT in a hurry to receive your package AND would want to save more on shipping, I would recommend using SEA CARGO which ships your items within 45 business days. When I used this cargo, the date my order was shipped was 18 JAN 2016, and I received it on 03 MARCH 2016.
► If you prefer a FASTER service, I would recommend the option to use AIR CARGO. Which is the best, as it arrives on your doorstep within 10 days maximum from the date it was shipped.
So far, my experience with this company has been great and without conflict. I recently received an item last May 24, which made me want to create this post. The package was dispatched last May 13th, which by experience is swift as a bird (used air cargo)! This is the fourth transaction I have made with this web app. I do prefer air cargo because my grabby hands can’t wait to get the package right away! Only when I do not prioritize specific products, I use sea cargo.
Now lets discuss the pros and cons.
• It’s very easy to use. Creating an account is simple and easy! Like the usual drill, information will be typed in and they’ll provide you an address as to where you can ship your items to!
• Tracking information is provided. You can monitor every move of your product which shows the shipment history with the date, time, and activity. They also e-mail you updates about your items.
• Arrives on your doorstep. Big YES! This is one of the main reasons as to why I use this service as well. To avoid the verrrry expensive, overpriced customs tax. I’ve had terrible experience with customs as they do ask for sometimes even more of the price of the actual product! Insane, right?! I surely do not expect to such insane amount of money from custom duties, so I would rather pay through shipping cart for its services to be delivered straight to me!
• It lets you make multiple purchases. So you can store your items in shipping cart for as long as you want (until 30 days, see below). Here, you can buy from different stores while there’s still products inside your cart so that you could ship them all together!
• It is costly. Again, if you’re looking for certain items which cannot be shipped to the Philippnies, this would be a great way to purchase the item. Also, to avoid overpriced dues in customs.
• FREE storage is limited to 30 days. If you store a product in your account for more than 30 days, you will be charged accordingly per pound of the item. If you still have items stored for 90 days, they will dispose the product!
How does it work?
This is already provided when you enter the site. Message me for further inquiries! (Contact is available below)
They also show you a list of the products stored in their location. These products are also insured. Addition to that, in the ‘view details’ there’s already a preview picture of the item they have received and other details regarding the product.
They DO check your package to ensure that the content abides by their rules.
*See prohibited items HERE.
Here you can see that the package came in nicely! There were air bags in side so the products were assured to be in good condition upon arrival.
This package contained (not in photo)
• A Court of Mist and Fury-Target Edition *book
• Steelheart-Target Edition *book
• Redbubble t-shirt and decals
Although I haven’t used this service for ‘bigger’/expensive items, I could guarantee that your products will be stored and well cared for. Shipping cart has various social media accounts where in they share their customer’s feedbacks and items that goes through their service varies from different shapes and sizes!
There may have been more information that I have not included in this post, but do make sure to take a visit in their website as there is certain prohibited items from being carried.
Some shipping cart FAQs can be answered HERE.
Disclaimer: this review was not paid by the company and is solely based on the writer’s thoughts, opinion, and experience.
I hope you find this useful! If you would like to know more of my experience, or further help with the how to’s, you may comment down below OR send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would be gladly help you, but please do understand that I may have busy days. Expect a reply from me for two days to a week.